Thursday, November 25, 2021

Smith Family Thanksgiving

 Random picture of Bear Dog Mike sent us
This morning was crazy. I signed up for a super hard exercise class with Michael Banks. I use to love going to his classes, but he has stopped having them. This one is at a different place. I got up early and drove there with plenty of time. Except I couldn't find it. I ended up driving around for forty minutes. Lame. Right when I got home Rachel texted me that she had ordered me a pie and forgot to tell me when to pick it up. I got back in the car and drove to Daybreak. Rachel ordered me a pie from Charles' wife. (Charles is one of Brett's best friends.) I had always wanted to try one of her pies because Rachel has raved about her cooking. Rachel ordered me a chocolate pie and it was tasty.
I stopped by the store on the way home from picking up the pie. I had extra cranberries and decided to make a cranberry dipping thing. Being Thanksgiving morning the store was pretty crazy. I got home and went to pull out the macaroni I had in the freezer, only to find out that our freezer died! We had the giant thing of ice-cream in there that we were supposed to bring also. UGH! I hurried to the store again and picked up the macaroni and ice-cream. I had just gotten to the car when Mike asked me to get something else. So, yesterday when I thought I had everything ready for Thanksgiving..... I ended up going to the store THREE times. Lame. 

But.... Thanksgiving was awesome and so much fun! Steve and Shannon hosted. The Hodson's came too. Lisa and Nathan were even in town and Melissa brought her new baby!!! His name is James Orion. They like having their kids named after something with astrology. Nova and Leo are their other kids. Astrology middle name with this one. He is adorable. The Hardy's were celebrating Thanksgiving in New York, we missed them but they had a great time.

Anyways, Thanksgiving was delicious. We ate and played so many games. Ghost detective, Conception, Scum, Jackbox... probably more but I can't remember one month later. (So behind on the blog!) Jorja did say this was the best Thanksgiving she has ever had. It was really quite a wonderful day. The only bummer was Maysen had to work the entire day. She had articles assigned to her that were due today. A few weeks later she found out she doesn't have hard deadlines, but she didn't know that today. Other than that the day was perfect. I love being with my family.
Taylor carrying Jorja back from visiting the ducks
Stephanie & Taylor
Jacob, Michael, Erica
Jorja, Mike, Steve playing Ghost Detective
The game is really called Paranormal Detective, but I like Ghost Detective better
Brandon, Preston, Stockton
That's all the pictures I have from today. Stockton did a lot of homework while he was here too. He sure has been working hard on school. It is amazing watching your kids work hard and have success. What a wonderful day. (Minus the giant freezer dying......)

No comments: