Thursday, November 4, 2021

Speeding Ticket Times Two

Stockton sent this picture after telling us he aced his calculus test. He took a picture like this because Jorja told him he matched the walls. Haha

Stockton
Jorja finished the pillow for Jayme. Adorable.
We drove to the cabin today. Preston doesn't have school tomorrow and we are going to Steve and Sharon's inn. We wanted internet during the day, so we thought the easiest way would be the cabin. Plus Mike wanted to pick up some wood and the paint sprayer we have at the cabin. We ended up taking two cars. Maysen and I stopped to eat before the freeway. Mike and Preston were about thirty minutes ahead of us. The drive was so dark. I was constantly looking at the speed signs as we were passing through the small towns in Wyoming. All of a sudden I noticed lights behind me. I was shocked. I had been vigilant with the speed. When the super young police officer came to my window I said, "I wasn't speeding was I?" He said, "You were. I could tell you missed the first sign because you slowed down really fast when you saw the second one." Yep. He knew I had just not seen the sign and didn't care. He asked for the registration/insurance information. I was looking for it when he went back to his car. I grabbed my phone to ask Mike where it was. That was when I saw a message saying that he got pulled over in Thayne. ARE YOU KIDDING ME????? I saw his name pop up, but I never look at messages while I'm driving. When the officer came back I asked him what town we were in. He said Thayne. I told him he just pulled over my husband about thirty minutes ago. He said I should have told him that and he wouldn't have given me a ticket, as he handed me a ticket through the window. $180 X 2. (Good thing we decided to drive separately.) Mike said the same thing. He was looking for the speed limit signs and he missed the exact one. The cop was waiting and the sign he knows people are going to miss. Super annoying. The cop said I could call and see if they will drop one of the tickets. I said, "Why would they do that? I never get out of tickets." I sure didn't get out of one tonight. Super annoying. Like Bubs said, if they were only worried about keeping the streets safe they wouldn't pull over people who obviously didn't see the sign. If they want to make money for their city they are going to try and stick it to out of state drivers. Ugh.

No comments: