Monday, November 29, 2021

Making Mugs

This week is going to be all Whoville all the time. Crazy the party is this Friday. Yikes! Kayla sent pictures of the signs she made. Holy cow! They are incredible! She hasn't finished with the photo booth one yet, but I love it!  
These are the ones we have done. I love Mike's poles.
Mike has been wrapping large empty boxes for decorations.
Mike on Mt. Crumpet ~ four days to finish!
Bear waits by the door when Mike leaves
I have been wanting to get all of my brothers' kids mugs for the cabin. We got Brett's and Matt's family over the summer. I noticed they were buy one get one free today, so I wanted to finish the rest up. I called Skye last week and she helped me design their familys. I texted Cassie and we were able to get cups for all of her kids. Mallory designed all the different parts of hers. It was fun sending her pictures and getting her notes on what she wanted. (Taking pictures of a computer screen doesn't result in the clearest pictures.)
Collin picked the yellow one (he chose the dinosaur too)
I also ordered Jorja and Preston a mug. Preston designed his own, but I didn't get a picture of his.
I sent these pictures to Bubs and told him I was ordering mugs for his kids. I wanted to know if he thought these would be good for his kids. I wanted to know if I should put Abby or Abigail. Things like that. He wrote back that he didn't want me to make mugs for his kids. WHAT??? I asked him why and he said he didn't think it would be a good idea. I asked him if I did something to offend Ange. He said he would talk to me about it in person because things come across wrong through text. Great. I loved the mugs I had picked out for them. I am so sad. I have known Ange doesn't like me for quite awhile. I have no idea what I did, but I haven't seen her for a few years. Bubs would bring the kids, but no Ange. A few years before that she would plain ignore me. I remember bringing my dinner to where Rachel and Ange were talking and she got up in the middle of their conversation and left without a word. Other times I would wave and say hi to her and she would flat out ignore me. A few months ago I asked Bubs when he would like to go to the cabin. I told him he could pick any week and I would make sure no one would be there and they could go just with their family. He said it wasn't going to work. Still, until this very minute I didn't realize I was kicked out of their life. I'm so sad. How am I so easily discarded. By so many people. I must really be an awful person. Anyway, I thought about it a lot and I decided to get the mugs anyway. If I have to choose between making Ange mad or hurting the kids I am NOT going to hurt the kids if possible. The next time they come to the cabin I want them to know they are loved and have never been forgotten. Plus, the mugs might be the only interaction the rest of us have with them. I want Grace to see Amelia's mug and remember her cousin. I changed the pictures I sent Bubs hoping he won't get in trouble with Ange if I did that. Except I didn't change Ella's. I have had her mug designed for over a year. She use to love foxes. I don't know if she does anymore, but I really wanted this one for her.
These are the new ones I made

No comments: