Saturday, March 5, 2022

Logan Temple with Jorja

I woke up super early with my back just killing me. The beds were comfortable when I went to sleep. Story of my life. Anyway, I got up and roamed the hotel. I found out breakfast didn't start until 7:00, so I went to a corner on our floor and watched news reports about Ukraine. Praying hard for all the people there. Anyway, I had a delicious breakfast and then hurried to our room to get ready. I woke everyone else up in the process, but that's okay, it was time for them to get up anyway. I walked over to Jorja's room and waited while she got ready. I spent the time transferring her temple clothes to the bag I brought. While I was doing that it dawned on me that I didn't bring up garments. I asked Jorja is she had any. She said, "You said you were going to bring them up." I did say that. I just didn't follow through. I told her I forgot. I only had the bottoms I randomly bought at Deseret Book yesterday. Jorja thought for a second and she said, "I think I grabbed a top when I was home last time. I don't know why." She did! We were able to have everything she needed! When I bought the bottoms yesterday I had no clue I had forgotten them. It didn't even cross my mind. Same with Jorja. She doesn't know why she brought a top up. Heavenly Father was sure looking out for us on that one. Tender mercy. Anyway, I was worried we were going to be late. Jorja told me the temple was only five minutes away. I didn't think that was accurate. Nope. Jorja was right. We got there exactly on time. My dad was already there when we arrived. That was lucky because he gave me names when we dropped off Bear to be watched last night. I handed them back to him and he was able to give them to Mike and Stockton when he saw them. (I had forgotten to leave them with Mike.) Jorja had five friends come. Sami who came up from Sandy, she is going on a mission to Nauvoo. Clara who lives across the hall. Jorja is going to Seattle with her over spring break. Clara also is going on a mission to Paris. Annika, who we met when we were standing in line when we were waiting for ID cards when Jorja moved up here.... how cool is that! (She also changed her flight home so she could be there for Jorja. Wow!) Jorja's ambassador friend Alexa, who Jorja looks up to so much. And a girl from Jorja's ski class and Chinese class. Pretty awesome. When we came out of the temple it was snowing big flakes and was just beautiful!

Jorja & Stephanie 

Jorja
Sami, Jorja, Clara
Jorja
Stockton, Jorja, Maysen
Sami, Jorja, Clara
I told Jorja I wanted a picture where we did our pose. I kissed her forehead. Later when we were at lunch I looked at her and said, "That wasn't our pose! We were supposed to touch foreheads!" She laughed and said she was wondering what I was doing. Boooooo on me!
Jorja & Stephanie
Mike, Maysen, Jorja, Stockton, Stephanie, Dad
Mike, Maysen, Jorja, Stockton, Stephanie
Clara taking our picture
Mike took Maysen and Stockton back to the hotel to pick up Preston. The rest of us went to Jack's Wood Fired Oven. Then didn't open until 12:00, so we were 15 minutes early. The girls hopped in Clara's car and I got in my dad's. It was perfect because it gave Mike plenty of time to get back with the other kids. The pizza was really good. We had a cheese, a pepperoni, and some fun ones. Birds and the Bees was delicious. Chicken, honey and huckleberries. Jorja loved Cozumel which had shrimp and avocados on it. I only got a picture of Sunnyside which had eggs, bacon and potatoes. That was good.
After stuffing ourselves silly we drove back to Jorja's apartment while she packed. Stockton and Preston worked on Stockton's programming and played Battle Bots. We had to squish to take Stockton home. Then Jorja came back to Sandy with us. She went out with Paige later and I watched BYU lose to San Francisco. That was disappointing. Good thing the rest of the day was so great!

No comments: