Monday, March 28, 2022

Stuck in Israel

I worked today. I also accidentally left my phone in the car and my watch at home. When I stopped for lunch there were a lot of messages on our family group chat. My dad was supposed to come back from Israel last night. He didn't. He tested positive and now has to quarantine for five days. This is what my dad said, "I had to get tested in Jordan to enter Israel again to fly out from TelAviv. That test was negative. Then they tested us again in Israel when we crossed the border. The results came back in Hebrew. The next morning they made us get tested yet again, because the results came back in Hebrew and Delta wouldn't accept it. That test came back positive. A second test confirmed the first. Someone with google translate looked at my results the day before, and they were also positive. I'm just glad the Jordan one was negative or I would be stuck in Jordan with no help from the tour company we work through... and no hotel with a view. They bring meals three times a day and hang the sack on the door handle. I have no symptoms. I feel fine. And yes, this is my first bout with Covid. They just brought dinner. I find about 50% to be edible." So, this will be my dad's view the next few days. View of the Mediterranean Sea. Could be worse.

Dad's View

No comments: