Thursday, March 31, 2022

Last Minute Jazz Game

Today was a fun day. I spent the morning working on a book review Covenant sent me. About 1:30 Debie texted me and asked if I would like to go to the Jazz game with them tonight. She is going with Savannah and Katie. Wow! I didn't expect that! I had even planned on watching the BYU alumni game instead of the Jazz game. My plans instantly changed. So, this is how my day ended up turning out. I left about 2:15 and went to the mall to pick up Jorja's temple dress from being hemmed. I then met Jorja at her first eye therapy appointment. She didn't want me to come back with her. I waited up front, but had brought my book review I needed to work on. Jorja only showed me one thing when she came out. We were in the parking lot and didn't have a lot of time. She had this paper with letters and numbers that were two inches big. Some had a white background and some had a red. She said, "Mom, this is so weird. Put these glasses on and read what is in the red." The glasses had two different color lenses. I put them on and read them quickly. She was surprised that I didn't struggle at all. She said that when she puts the glasses on, everything in the red boxes disappears. Anyway, she is going to show me more when we are at the cabin this weekend.

Jorja wanted to do initiatories while she was down here. We both had appointments for 4:30. Right before she left Logan she changed hers to 5:00 because she was worried she wouldn't have enough time. I wasn't able to get mine changed. I gave her my credit card and told her to fill her car up with gas and she could meet me there. I went to the temple first and waited for her until she was finished. Jorja said this is the sixth time she went to the temple this month. She has been to the Logan Temple twice, the Draper Temple twice, and also to the Gilbert Temple and the Seattle Temple. Nicely done Porge!
Stephanie & Jorja
I hurried home, ate real quick and then headed to Salt Lake. I got there about ten minutes before I was supposed to meet my cousins, so that was great. Cell phones are awesome. We found each other pretty easily. I sent this picture to my brothers.
Stephanie, Debie, Katie, Savannah
I also sent this one. Savannah, Katie, Debie, Stephanie
The game ended nicely!
Tonight was so much fun. Spending time with Jorja in the temple, seeing my cousins which was awesome! And top it all off with a Jazz win. Just the best. I got home about 11:00. My plan had been to be all packed for the cabin tomorrow so we could leave right when I got home from work. That is not going to happen, but it will be okay. I'm glad I was able to see some of my Idaho cousins. It was a lot of fun. Crazy they are driving back tonight. Even crazier Katie is teaching first grade tomorrow. She is a trouper!

No comments: