Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Ginza

Jorja asked me to pick up some mission flags for her friends. Clara - France, Hannah - Virginia, Emily - Cambodia. I first grabbed a Croatia flag and it was the last one. Once I had found France and Virginia I was ready to check out. I told the lady I wanted to double check I had the right flags. Luckily I did and went to change Croatia for Cambodia. While I was doing that an old man walked in and asked for a Croatia flag. A different lady went to look for one. I handed her the one I was holding. Lucky for him I didn't need it! I spent some time steaming Jorja's Hong Kong flag. That took longer than I expected. I wanted to steam all the other flags, but ran out of time.

I had a meeting at Alta today at 1:00. Jorja was coming down from Logan and we were going to get food and go shopping after my meeting and before her eye appointment. Didn't turn out that way. Jorja's bug broke down in North Salt Lake. She was able to get it off of the freeway and into a random parking lot. She called me right as my meeting finished. I hurried home, picked up Mike and we drove to get Jorja. Mike said he thought it was the alternator. We had the car towed to a shop down here. Jorja ended up waiting by her car for an hour. She was so hungry by the time we picked her up. We dropped Mike off and I made her a pita sandwich that she could eat on the way. We hurried to the eye appointment and got there about five minutes late. Not too bad for breaking down on the freeway. Jorja was struggling though. On the way there she started crying. She had such a long day. She kept saying that she just wants to see. I asked her if she was doing her home therapy and she said she is, but she feels stupid doing it. It feels so babyish. I told her to trust her doctor and keep trying. This appointment was a two hour appointment. After her therapy Dr. Davies met with us to have Jorja try on contacts. He had ordered her special stigmatism contacts. Too bad she couldn't see out of the ones she ordered. He gave her more sample contacts and they are going to try another brand. He says that Jorja's corneas are big. Most are 11-12 mm and Jorja's are 13 mm. (I think I got the numbers right, but not positive.) He said that while that gives Jorja beautiful big eyes, it makes it hard for contacts to cover them completely. Soooo many eye things......
Mike has fun ordering things for the wand stations.
Mike and Preston met us at Ginza Japanese Shabu Shabu. Jorja said people in her Chinese class told her it was really good. They bring out broth and a hot plate for you to cook your meat and vegetables on. Jorja said she went to places like that in Taiwan. I think she really liked it.
Jorja & a baby octopus
Preston & Jorja
I was hoping Jorja would stay tonight, but she was anxious to get home. She drove the Pilot back to Logan. I'm glad she made it there safely. It was a long day.

No comments: