Monday, April 25, 2022

Three Columns

I called the distribution center today to see if they had a Cantonese Book of Mormon. Specifically the language study edition. It has three columns. One is English, the second is pinyin, the third is the Chinese characters. I guess Chinese characters are the same as traditional Chinese. Jorja knows simplified Chinese, which is what they use in mainland China and Taiwan. At least that is what I understand. Anyway, they put the book on hold for me. I grabbed my credit card, my drivers license and my temple recommend. The distribution center is about a half an hour away. When I got there I saw signs on the doors saying cash or check only because the internet was down. UGH. I guess the internet went down ten minutes after I called. I told them I would wait. Gas is so expensive right now so I didn't want to drive back. Also, the book I wanted was the last one they had, so I really wanted to get it today. I was saying a silent prayer that the internet would come back and I could buy this Book of Mormon. I sat there for about 15 minutes. Then I got a tickle in my brain. I started thinking of being in the car on the way to Cameron's wedding. I took out this cupholder thing and put it in the middle console. We rarely ever lift that up. When I put it in I saw my check book in there. Mike and I had a discussion if we should leave the check book in the car in case of an emergency. I couldn't remember what we decided. The lady at the checkout counter started talking to me. She said she could buy the book and I could pay her back later. I told her that was super nice, but there was a slight chance I had a check book in my car. I ran out there, looked in the console and I saw it! It was kind of hidden the way it was on it's side pressed against the side. I was so happy to see it! I got Jorja the study edition, a Cantonese hymn book and a small Preach My Gospel book.
Jorja wanted a picture and I sent her those. She wrote back that it was so wild. She could read some of the Chinese characters, but she had no idea what the pinyin said. Good luck to Jorja!
Amy fell asleep coloring by the front door.
 

No comments: