Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Permit Preston

I spent the morning gathering documents so Preston could get his learner's permit. I met Heather and Jordyn up in Bountiful for lunch and it was SO FUN! It has been too long since we have been together! I enjoyed every second of it. Heather and Jordyn were on their lunch break, so it didn't last hours and hours. It was sooooo great though!
Stephanie, Jordyn, Heather
I stopped by Alta to pick up Preston's official transcript. That was one of the forms of ID that was accepted for his drivers license. It was fun too because I got to talk with my friends there about Jorja's mission call. I took Preston to the DMV. I thought I knew where it was without using the phone gps thing. I put it in anyway, just in case. I got off of the freeway and thought I was supposed to turn left at the light. All of a sudden the gps is telling me to turn right. Ahhhh! I couldn't get over fast enough, so I drove through the light and found a place to make a u-turn. I then turned left and was on the road the gps said I should. Almost two miles down the road the gps said we arrived. There was NOTHING there. Just dirt as far as you could see. I had to keep going because the road was so narrow there was no where to turn. I finally found a spot and drove to where I thought the building was. Turns out I was right all along. Thanks gps! Anyway, after that Preston was able to successfully pass his learners permit test. I didn't tell him there would be an eye test though and he didn't bring his glasses. He was struggling reading the letters. The lady asked him if he would want to try with his mom's glasses. He put on my glasses and read them right away. So, he will need to make sure he has glasses if he drives. He is NOT anxious to learn how to drive.
Preston 
Here are some random pictures I put on Instagram/Facebook. Jorja said I picked out the worst pictures, but I love them. This is what I wrote on my post: After 12 years of studying Mandarin, Jorja has been called to serve as a missionary in Hong Kong speaking Cantonese. Haha! Poor girl. She has always done the hardest thing. Entering a Chinese Immersion class in 2nd grade, a year and a half after everyone else. Forcing her extremely introverted self into doing brave and scary things. Putting herself out there and running for student government. She has been brave and worked so hard and has been wildly successful. I have no doubt the same will be true with her mission. Jorja exudes love and is not afraid or embarrassed to show it. It has been one of the greatest joys of my life watching her become the person she is. I will miss her terribly while she is in Hong Kong, but man am I excited to see how she conquers her next adventure. Love you Porge!..... oh, and Preston can drive now. :)
Stockton, Jorja, Preston, Maysen
Jorja & Mike
Jorja
Jorja right after reading her call
Stephanie, Stockton, Jorja, Preston, Maysen, Mike
Jorja ~ my brother John guessed Hong Kong
Preston with filters....

No comments: