Wednesday, October 24, 2018

New Ducks

Mike was so excited about today. A few months ago he ordered ducks to be delivered this week. Two giant peking ducks. A girl duck for Jorja and a boy duck for Preston. Mike has such a hard time keeping secrets, but he managed to surprise them. Mike took the day off of work and spent the morning getting things for the new ducks ready. The post office called that the ducks were here, but Mike wasn't able to pick them up until 9:00. He really wanted the kids to be here when the box was opened. Jorja was getting her sophomore class officer pictures for the yearbook taken today, then she had a math test. We decided to check her out of English, have her here through lunch and take her back for theater. I was worried about this because the quarter ends on Friday. Well, we messed up. We didn't get her back in time for theater. She was about fifteen minutes late. She was still able to do her performance, but being fifteen minutes late today ended up dropping her grade from an A to an A-. She lost her 4.0. I feel horrible about it. I knew I shouldn't check her out of school. Too bad she didn't turn in her "Give Me a Break" passes. They are only good this quarter and would have given her enough extra credit points to boost her grade back up to an A. She emailed her teacher on Saturday, but it was too late. Ugh.

Anyway, back to the ducks. I checked Preston out of school and then we went to check out Jorja. Neither of them knew I was coming so they were really confused. Jorja thought someone had died. She was worried and didn't buy my reason that dad just wanted to have lunch with them. I didn't want to tell them that they were getting an early birthday present because I'm pretty sure they would have guessed right away what it was. Needless to say, the two of them were pretty happy.
Jorja
Ducks?
Jorja and Preston unboxing their ducks
Teaching them to drink
Jorja
Preston
 Preston & Jorja
Jorja & Mike
 Jorja
 Preston
 Weirdos
 Jorja
Preston & Jorja
My dad texted me when I was picking up the kids from school. He is going to be in Virginia for Jorja's birthday and was wondering if he could come and see her tonight. I told him about the ducks and he hurried on up. My dad gave Jorja the BEST present! He gave her a thumb drive with his files of quotes/talks that he has worked on for years and years. Jorja was so excited!
Jorja and her grandpa
Mike
Jorja's duck on her arm
 Mike
Mike and Jorja walking to Preston's bus stop with the ducks
Jorja and Preston
 Preston
 Jorja's so happy

No comments: