Saturday, October 20, 2018

Planning for the Porge

I have been planning a 16th surprise birthday party for Jorja for a long time now. Since the party has already happened because I'm so behind on the blog I don't have to worry about ruining the surprise. We have told the kids that they are allowed to have a birthday party every even number year, or take $50. Maysen picked $50 for her 16th. Stockton brought a bunch of boys to the cabin. Jorja.....awhile ago I asked her what she would want to do for her birthday party this year. She said that she didn't want to have one. It would be embarrassing if no one showed up. Ugh! Why does she think that about herself? Doesn't she realize how adored she is? So, in her mind she was able to win sophomore class president, but no one would like her enough to show up for her birthday. I didn't want to deal with her emotions, so I decided I was going to throw her a surprise party. I talked to Hailey's mom and she helped me figure out what to do. We rented the Lone Peak indoor pavilion. Hailey's mom helped me hire a DJ. Jorja LOVES dancing. She likes to jump up and down and be crazy. We thought this would be perfect for her. I have Hailey, Madison, Travin, Ella and Ebony spreading the word to different people. Travin is supposed to get some people together to bring Jorja to the party. I didn't want Jorja to make plans herself and I figured if some student government people got together with her she would love that. I asked Travin that it be a group of people and not just him. I didn't want to accidentally set Jorja up on her first 16 year old date. I didn't know if she would like that. I wanted Ella to know about the party because Jorja adores her and she is in Jorja's Halloween dance group. I wanted to make sure that they didn't plan the day date on Jorja's party. Anyway, I have had major anxiety while planning this party. I feel sick to my stomach every time I think about it. I do not like being in charge. I do not like big groups. I don't want to embarrass Jorja, but I want this birthday to be a lot better than her birthday last year. Shannon Jex agreed to meet me at Zurchers to help me get started with the decorating. She brought Blakely. We spent hours there and it was so much fun! She helped me get an idea of what to do and calmed me down a lot. We also spent at least an hour just talking in the middle of the store. She has been so nice to me and I have relied on her throughout this process!

Okay, enough with that...now on to the rest of the day. Jorja worked until 3:00, then we spent a long time picking apples. We didn't rent a fancy bucket truck this time, we just got the ones we could reach or climb to. Still, we managed to collect several buckets. The ducks roamed around the yard while we were out. Preston kept playing boomerang with them. He would bring Waddluigi to various parts of the yard and throw him in the air. Waddluigi would ALWAYS fly back to the first pond. Preston thought that was hilarious.
Jorja
Jorja ordered some pictures from Walmart and accidentally sent them to the store on Fort Union. At least it was one that wasn't too far away. When we left the house we saw this message. I think it was from Aysha and Kylie. Jorja loved it.
We stopped at the Zurchers near Fort Union to look for hippie clothes for the Halloween dance. Jorja texted Riley and asked if she could pick up a vest for him so they could match. Jorja thought she found one she liked, but when she tried it on she hated it. She went home and convinced her dad to make something for her. We'll see what they come up with.
Jorja

No comments: