Saturday, October 6, 2018

Two Hour Church! Two Hour Church!

We were able to watch conference together as a family and I loved it. Who knows how long it will be until that happens again, if ever. My brothers and I were texting through conference, just like football games. I was hoping for two hour church. So was Bubs. John was rooting for four hour church and we voted him off the island. President Nelson wasted no time getting down to business. Two hour church is going to be a reality! Bubs was texting like crazy and making me laugh.... "If the price I had to pay for a 2 hour block was an embarrassing loss to USU, I'll take it." "President Nielsen taking a wrecking ball to old church traditions." "What's next? 7% tithing?" Oh man, I laughed so hard.
I made Maysen a cake during intermission. She wanted a yellow cake with chocolate frosting. I'm excited to use her candles for Preston's twelfth birthday. We celebrated Maysen's birthday today. It is actually on Wednesday, but she will be up in Logan and I will be down in Albuquerque. Today worked out just fine.
Maysen had asked for a wallet phone case for her birthday. We gave her one with a new phone inside. She was very happy when I told her that she now has 128 gb (?) memory. Her old phone had 16.
Maysen
I had to take Jorja to work during the second session of conference. She was covering for a girl who got sick and had to go to the hospital. Mike brought her back and she was able to watch the last of the women's session. Really she pretty much slept through all of conference anyway. I did find these random gems on my phone.
Jorja & Preston
I had been wanting Mike to give his lesson he gave in Elders Quorum a few weeks ago to our kids. We did that after conference today. I loved it. He taught them about resiliency. Maybe I should go into detail on that sometime when I'm not so tired and I can think straight. It was a great family home evening and all of my family was there. Perfect. Stockton left after the presentation to go to Gavin's house. I'm glad he has made such good friends.

No comments: