Monday, October 8, 2018

Policy

I was able to get about four hours of sleep this morning. I got up early to take Mike and Christen to the airport. The plan was to meet my dad in New York. Too bad my dad only made it as far as Chicago. I got this text from Christen, "So! Your dad just called Mike... an elderly couple got off the plane in Chicago and went MIA.. so your dad is still in Chicago trying to find them. Mike says, 'sooo, I guess I'm in charge?! This is my worst nightmare!'" Hahahaha! I shouldn't think that is funny, but I did. I couldn't stop laughing about it. Mike got the luggage of everyone who was missing and brought it to the hotel. He also had to pay for lunch for everyone who was on the tour. Only over $600, no big deal. My dad should get there around one o'clock in the morning. Turns out the elderly couple was at the front of the plane and my dad was at the back. By the time my dad got off the plane they were gone. They had gone to baggage claim to get their luggage and check it in again for the next flight. When their luggage didn't come off they started wandering. The police found them about eight football fields away. The lady had her passport, but the man's passport was in his luggage. They had Mike go through the guys suitcase. Mike looked forever and reported to my dad he couldn't find anything. Turns out the guy had it with him after all. I think Mike is going to be very, very happy to see my dad. Hopefully he will be able to enjoy the rest of his trip.

I got all the kids dropped off at their schools. It was really cool to see all the balloons in the sky. How fun to be here during the balloon festival! Skye forgot her lunchbox. After I dropped Parker off at his preschool I hurried over to the school to bring Skye her lunchbox. I was hoping it was Skye's and not Larkin's. I gave it to the office lady and told her I wasn't sure if it was Skye's or her sister's at the elementary school. She said she couldn't call her down. I told her that would be fine, but if it isn't Skye's, try and get ahold of me so I can bring the lunchbox to Larkin. Well....they didn't even try to give Skye her lunchbox. She came home without it and very hungry. We hurried back to school to pick up her lunch so she could have it tomorrow. I asked the same lady why they didn't let her know her lunch was in the office. The lady says, "It is up to her to check, we are trying to teach them responsibility." I was furious. This wasn't an easy thing for me to do and they didn't even send Skye a note letting her know to go look for her lunchbox. How would Skye even think that I would bring it? They think it is better to let children go hungry so they can prove a point. I told the lady that that was the stupidest policy I have ever heard. After I had time to think about it I became even more angry. This policy is only hurting kids who don't have cell phones. How is that okay?

The rest of the day was great. Blake's friend's mom even texted and asked if they could bring Blake to his batting practice. How nice was that? I played outside with Parker for awhile. I had never seen the putting green before. It looks so cool! How fun.
Parker
The kids were able to FaceTime their parents, we watched Studio C, I started reading The Thing About Georgie to Skye, Larkin and Blake. After the kids were asleep I was able to talk to Mike and Jorja. That is a wrap for the day. Except for this picture. I asked Jorja to text me a picture today "Just none of those weird ones of people looking down at the phone while standing in a circle." Immediately I got this picture back. Why does she like these pictures? Weirdos.

1 comment:

Stockton said...

Is that just three Jorjas with different wigs