Thursday, May 20, 2021

25 Years is a Long Time

Jorja got two more graduation cords today. The yellow one if for having a high gpa and the blue one if a bi-literacy cord. Didn't expect that but it's pretty cool. Jorja also got her second covid shot today, so she is fully vaccinated now.

Jorja

There was a duck on our house today

Today was a hard day. I expected that, but I didn't expect how hurt I would get. Jorja had a busy day. School, test after school, youth activity and senior sunset. I got a text from her around 3:00 that said she was going to dutch bros but would be back in time to take her test then go to the youth activity. I have no idea why, but I thought she was going to Dutch Bros for me. I didn't expect it and thought it was really sweet. I have no idea why I thought she would go for me, but I did. She knows I love hot chocolate and this is exactly the kind of thing Jorja does. She likes to drop off Dutch Bros or Swig if people are sad or have had a hard day. Well, I waited and waited and was getting anxious that I wouldn't get the things I wanted to done, but I didn't want to miss Jorja. I wanted to run to the store and pick up flowers and spend some time at my mom's grave before the youth activity. I was running out of time so I checked Find My Friends. It showed she was at Riley's house. My heart sank and I was so sad. She had forgotten about me and was just with Riley for the millionth time. I just felt so alone. I saw Jorja at the youth event, but she didn't even spend one single second of her day with me. I was unbelievably hurt. My other kids didn't go bring me something, but they were at least here during the day, plus that isn't something they generally do. Jorja does it for everybody.... except me. I left the house, picked up flowers and stopped at my mom's grave. I laid down there, cried and fell asleep. I had my alarm set, but I got a call from my dad waking me up. He said, "I'm at the dog park, where are you?" I told him I was at Mom's grave. Anyway, I left the cemetery in time to get to the activity Preston and Mike had put together.  
Preston and Mike have been working on a real life Among Us game. They had several different tasks, ways to make people imposters or crew members, video cameras, all sorts of things. The kids were in pairs with a rubber band around their ankles. I was in the medic room where we had operation and golf. I have only heard good things about this activity, the kids seemed to really like it. It's hard to tell how it is going when you are stuck in one room. I'm glad this activity is over and that everyone had a fun time. Preston's activity was a hit! Jorja left the activity and went to her senior sunset activity. She finished playing games at Luke Hillstead's house.
Dead crew members...Eliza & Georgia... I think some Horoba boys
Georgia operating
These girls were funny walking home. Not sure who everybody is, but I think the Bingham twins are on the right.
We cleaned up and headed home. There was a package waiting for me on our porch. I couldn't believe it. It was perfect. It made me feel much better. I have no idea who did this. My best guess right now is Jack's mom. I don't think many people knew about my day, but his mom did. Anyway, it was super sweet and I loved it.
Preston
Stockton and I stayed up late to figure out his schedule. He gets to register tomorrow. We have kind of a plan, but we don't know if it will work. Jorja came home at 12:30, we let her have a later curfew today. She saw Stockton and I working on his schedule. She asked when she gets to register. I kind of paused and said that it would be in a few days. We asked her if she was still planning on going on a mission and she said she didn't know. She thought for sure she was going to go until she talked to us and had Dad give her a blessing. So, we will see what she ends up doing.

No comments: