Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Eye Test Success

Stockton and I both supervised AP tests this morning. Someone had to pull out and I asked Megan if Stockton could do it. He supervised one person. It was fun to go to the school with him. He was in my usual room in the field house. I was on the turf with 100 students. Haha. This was my only huge one that required two other proctors. It went well though. Stockton finished super early, even though his student was given extra time. We finished late. Jorja ended up taking Stockton to lunch and then bringing him home. That worked out well. I would have loved to go to lunch with him, but I'm glad he didn't have to wait for me for over an hour.

Mike took his drivers license eye test. We were really worried about that. His eyes are so bad. When he wears his contacts his eyes go bad for several days after. Mike didn't wear his contacts for a few days before he went to his exam. Luckily one eye is pretty good. He was able to pass. Crazy.

For dinner we went to the food trucks. Pepperwood has food trucks come to the park every Wednesday and Friday. We don't go often but thought today would be great. Waffle Love was there along with a taco truck and some fancy fish truck. It was quite delicious although Jorja didn't like her cactus taco.
Preston
Right before we went to bed Mike asked me if I had seen the email from Preston's Chinese teacher. I had not. I have not been good at looking at email lately. Too bad. This email said that all of Preston's Chinese work was due tomorrow. Yikes! Double yikes when I asked Preston to show me what he had done. Almost none of it. This year has been complicated in keeping up with Preston. He has three online classes through Indian Hills. One math class through Canyons Virtual High School and his Chinese class is through the school district down in Washington county... Southern Utah. Preston asked me last week if this would be the last week of school. Nope I told him. School doesn't end until the last week of May. I forgot that it might be different for Chinese. Looks like Preston will be doing Chinese all day tomorrow.

No comments: