Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Housing Secured!

We got up early this morning and made it to Steve & Sharon's cabin by 7:45. Sharon got us all geared up and we headed to the river. We had two great runs. Two rafts on the first one and one on the second. Mike was able to go on the first one. We both used our wetsuits and I ended up being so grateful for that! Sharon had Tage and Dallin each have a turn on the stick. That was great! Mike went back to the cabin after the first run. Sherry was going to be there before the second run was over. I decided to keep my wetsuit on for the second run even though multiple people told me I would be too hot. Usually the second run is pretty hot and I just wasn't sure what I should do. Well, it wasn't today. It was colder than the first run. (That rarely happens!) I was very thankful I kept it on because I was cozy the entire time! We hit some good waves the second run and we were covered! It was also fun to see Sharon enjoying the raft. The second run had a lot of people since we only had one boat and only two less people from the previous run. Sharon just got to ride and she enjoyed every second of it!

When we finished the runs and finished cleaning up, Tage, Dallin and I watched a video with Steve, Sharon and Ruby. (Ruby is a 12 year old girl that was at the cabin with Sharon's brother and sis-in-law. They were planning on staying until Friday, but their daughter called early in the morning to tell them that her water broke and she would be having her baby, five weeks early. Stockton style.) Ruby also LOVED Tage. She thought Tage was the coolest person she ever met. Tage was also super nice to her. It was really cute. After the rafting video, Steve took us back to our cabin. I ran in and got rafting pictures that had my mom in it. This was taken on her birthday in 1993. The last birthday she had before she got cancer. She probably had cancer in these pictures and just didn't know it. I snapped some pictures before handing them to Steve. It is hard giving up pieces of my mom, even though giving them to Steve & Sharon will be so much better than having them stuffed in a drawer. One of my favorite things about these pictures is my mom's handwriting on the back. It's awesome. I love looking at her name. She wrote the best cursive rs. Anyway, I gave them to Steve and Sharon for their collection. Crazy this was her birthday. I miss her. 

Mike was gone when we got back. He was at the lake with the Hardys. They had fun playing with the jet ski. Xander and Miah loved it! The Hardys also brought their dog Nagi. Bear and Nagi had fun playing on the beach. Luckily they are getting along.

Scoop and Cori arrived shortly after Mike got back from the beach. Perfect timing. This is the first time Mike's dad has been here and Mike loved showing him around.

We had hamburgers and played games. We had a giant Canadian Salad game. I thought I had tied Mike with 20 points (which is an excellent score on that game) but I missed a trick and ended up taking second with 30 points. Everyone else was in the 100s I think, but I still lost by 10. Fun that Mike won that though.

The best thing that happened today was Stockton and Alyssa secured housing! Alyssa noticed that housing was being opened again on July 6th at 9:00. Ten spots were available. They got everything ready and decided to send two emails. Stockton sent his right at 9:00 and Alyssa sent hers at 9:00 and 20 seconds. Stockton got an email saying he got in if the forms were filled out and the deposit paid in the next 24 hours. Alyssa got one saying that they were sorry, they got over 100 applications in 10 minutes. Wow! So thankful they will have a place to stay in the fall! They put a 1 bedroom as their first choice and a 2 bedroom as their second. They will find out in a couple of weeks which one they get. So relieved and thankful they were able to get in!!!!!

No comments: