Monday, July 11, 2022

In Progress

Today started off great. I went to Alta early to help with their summer school. It is chaotic at the beginning, but once everyone is settled it isn't so bad. I left after the rush and took Preston to the dentist. It was nice to see Eric and things are looking great with Preston's teeth. I dropped Preston off at home and went back to work. I had a great day until Paula asked me to call HR and ask when my official starting date for my job would be. Paula wanted to know how long she could use me. When I called I found out they were reposting the job, even though it was already offered to me. They listed it as a licensed position and already interviewed at least three people. I am not a licensed counselor, so now they have to resist the position and I have to apply again. I'm not sure if I have to interview again or if they will be required to interview at least three people. So, I'm a little bummed about that. Hopefully if they change their mind I can get my job with Paula back. We shall see.

AP tests came out last week while Preston was at FSY. I had him look up his scores. He had already looked them up, but I guess that was information he didn't see as important. Preston got a 4 on his computer science test and the Chinese test says 'in progress'. Turns out the entire class is still waiting for their scores that were suppose to be released next week. There was a problem with the computers on the test and so many people had problems that Shannon filed an incident report for the entire class. I think that is why this is taking so long. The stressful thing is if the kids pass the test, they get moved to a different class. It is a college concurrent enrollment class. Working with the registrar and not knowing where to put an entire class is not ideal. At all. Hopefully the scores get released soon and hopefully Preston passes.

No comments: