Monday, July 4, 2022

Preston in Provo

Mike took Bear to get a haircut early this morning. He really needed one! Bear is pretty well behaved when he does things like that. Thank goodness!

Handsome Bear Dog
I took Preston to FSY this morning. We left plenty early. I got an email saying that some roads would be closed for parades, because it's the Fourth of July. I wasn't sure how traffic would be either. Preston and I stopped by Harmon's and I let him pick out some snacks. We made it to BYU about twenty minutes before check-in. There were already lines, so we waited in them. Once 11:00 hit we got through pretty quickly. Our next task was setting up Preston in his room. We decided to walk to Building 8. It wasn't too bad, although I brought Jorja two extra blankets that made it a little awkward. Once she met us and took those away it was smooth sailing. We found his room and were the first ones there. The only problem, his key only fit into the last room but he was assigned room 2. We just decided to set up in the room that the key fit. Here is Preston in room 3.
Preston
We were about to leave when one of his roommates came. His key also only fit room 3 and he was assigned room 3. I went back and tried all the other rooms again. Preston's key didn't work in room 1 but worked in both rooms 2 & 3. I don't know why we couldn't get room 2 open the first time we tried it. Preston and I then spent the next thirty minutes moving everything to room 2. It wasn't too bad and I was glad to get him all settled. This bed is also lower which I think Preston will like better.
Preston Room 2
Preston's roommate came when we were about to leave the dorms for the second time. His name is Max and he will be a senior at Highland. He seemed really nice and friendly, so hopefully Preston will have a great time. There are four other roommates and they are all going to be seniors. Preston will be a sophomore next year.
Max & Preston
I wanted to get Preston lunch before I left. When I thought we would have lots of time I made the brilliant decision to leave my purse thing in the car. Whoops. Preston's dorm was right next to the BYU Creamery. Luckily there is a mini-creamery in-between his dorm and where I left the car. We walked back to that and Preston was able to get a sandwich and ice-cream. I got Blue Goggles ice-cream and it was so good! Blue mint ice-cream with cookie dough and chocolate covered honeycomb. Anyway, after lunch I said goodbye to Preston and hurried home.

Steve & Shannon and their family came over for dinner and swimming. It was a low key thing so we didn't put much thought into it. Mike made pizzas for our family and Steve made burgers for his. Brandon also brought his roommates so there ended up being a crowd. It was perfect weather and turned out to be a really good time.
Bear & Mike
People in the pool
Stockton gave Alyssa her ring today. He tried to find a good place with fireworks, but kept getting foiled. Sometimes by police, sometimes by sprinklers. He ended up giving her the ring in front of her house. He got on his knee and everything. Guess things are official now! Haha
Alyssa's Ring

No comments: