Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Shower and Slides

I worked this morning. Ms. Wu was able to help me get access to all the AP scores. She was Preston's 3rd grade Chinese teacher and now she works for the Utah DLI program. They wanted to know the scores awhile ago and I didn't have them. Friday she asked if I wanted her help in getting them. I told her I did. She was able to have someone high up email the College Board about how Alta needed their Chinese scores. Magically on Monday they were released. Anyway, there was an email from someone at College Board giving me the access code. Yay! Now we can move the kids into the classes they need to be in. What is absolutely crazy is there are 18 students in Preston's class. Only 3 of them passed the test. 50% of them got 1s. WHAT? I know they had major computer problems during the test, which is why our scores were so late; I wonder if the computer problems affected the results. That is a crazy low passing number. In other news, I got these Alta slides today. I picked the brown ones.
Becky Johnson threw Alyssa a bridal shower today. I forgot to take pictures though. It was really nice and I'm glad she did it. Alyssa and her mom came down. Maysen and I went. Too bad Jorja couldn't go. She is contagious until she is without a fever for 24 hours. Jorja got Alyssa a cute little travel jewelry box that says Mrs. Smith. Maysen got Alyssa several geometry towel. I love those. I got Alyssa the bedding she had picked out on Amazon. I wish I had gotten them the dishes they picked out though. I did the bedding because that is what my mom got me, but I kind of wish I had done the other. Oh well.

Jorja is starting to feel better today. She went outside and ate ice cream with Bear. That was pretty much all she had energy for, but it is nice to see her smile again.
Bear
Jorja & Bear
Jorja
I remember when Jorja didn't like pop. It's so weird that she likes it so much now. I think these cute soda shops made it fun for her. Kind of crazy how tastes can change like that.

No comments: