Friday, July 30, 2021

Fixed!

Mike worked for hours on getting the rope untangled from the jetski. Bear was a loyal dog and waited patiently beside him. The kids would come out and play with him. He has lots of fans.
Amy, Bear, Jeff
Brett and I left this morning to go to Thayne and get his blinker in his car fixed. Everything worked out and they can now do all the left turns they want. Christian told us he could install it for us when the part came in on Friday. Brett asked the lady about it and she was kind of short with him and said she would see if he had any time. Christian was super nice. He came out and helped us right away. He said that we were going to be surprised how easy it is. After watching him cut wires, twist them together, add water proof glue and a bunch of other things, I think the $30 Brett paid him was worth it. Nice to have that done! 

Brett and I went in the gate at Chokecherry. Right after we turned onto Hummingbird Lane we noticed some kids. Then Brett realized it was Rachel. She was on a walk with Bear and lots of kids! We pulled over and the kids all hoped in the car. I got out to walk with Rachel. Brett let Eve "drive". She needs a few more years before I would be confident with that. Haha. Bear did not like all his friends leaving. He wined and barked and pulled on his leash and was so sad. After I thought Brett had made it back to the cabin I let him off his leash and he zoomed away. I was glad to see him back at the cabin when we got there. 
Mina, Eve, Brett
When Mike got the rope unstuck, Brett, Marie, Mina, Mike and I all took it down to the lake to make sure it was still working. It was! We had a great time. We had the jet ski and tube going and had no problem. There was thunder and lightning nearby and that made me a little nervous. I prayed a lot! It ended up being perfect. Stockton said while we were gone Anne gave them a lesson on the solar system. Haha. We have also been talking with Sam about helping us get Stockton's plates printed. She is going to help us out! She has great contacts. Sam said if we were willing to pay one of the typesetters $10/hour, she would be able to help us get it ready for printing. She also suggested hiring a graphic artist for the cover. (That will probably be the most expensive part besides the actual printing.) She has contacts at BYU she can ask about printing. I'm excited that she will be able to help us out because after all the work Stockton has put into this I want him to be able to hold it in his hands one day!

I can not believe tomorrow is our last day. This week has gone by so fast! I love it here. Especially when my brothers are with me. Only two of them this time, but it is the best.

No comments: