Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Preston's New Backpack

Brett and Rachel discovered yesterday that their left turn signal didn't work. Knowing that Rachel was going to be driving back across the country by herself, that was a big concern. Brett, Rachel and I drove to a NAPA auto parts store in Thayne. They were so nice. They ended up being able to order the entire thing Rachel needed. It will get here Friday morning. The store that is connected to it is a mechanic shop. They helped Brett and Rachel figure out what was wrong and said they would install it for them on Friday. Rachel said she had tried to get this fixed three times and every time they told her they couldn't get the parts. The blinker still worked though, it just went very fast. It wasn't until yesterday that it stopped working completely. Luckily we are staying here until Friday, so this will work for them.

My dad and Matt took a bunch of little kids on a 4 wheeler ride. They went to the beach and found the road that is usually covered in water. Brett and I were watching out the window and could see a huge dust storm. It started raining a bit. We could see the 4 wheelers coming back and crossing the big highway. Right as they got back it started pouring. I think most of the kids got inside, but I think it caught my dad and Matt. Talk about good timing! That would have been awful to be caught it. Especially with all the tiny kids!

We had Marie's cake after lunch. It was pretty funny. It is pure cotton candy. It was actually better than I thought it would be. Each layer was a different flavor. A small slice was more than enough. We only went through half of the cake at lunch.

Marie & Eve
Brett did a great job slicing. It's harder to do than it looks!
Preston, Mina, Greg
Amy, Greg
The girls loved playing with Preston. He came up from the basement and told me he got his new backpack from school. Hahaha - what an adorable backpack!
Eve & Preston
Eve, Preston, Anne
While we were having cabin fun, Stockton had the opportunity to go through the temple with Gavin. Gavin has been such a great friend to Stockton through the years. How cool that Stockton was invited and able to be there for this. Gavin invited Dani also. The session was small. It was Gavin, his parents, Stockton, Dani and Isaac. Isaac was randomly there. I remember him being friends with Gavin in high school, so that is funny. Gavin has a mission call to Japan. He got his call one week after Stockton got home from his mission. He doesn't leave for another month. About six months between his call and his departure. That's nuts!
Gavin & Stockton
Dani, Gavin, Shannon, Nate, Stockton
Mike brought Stockton back to the cabin. Maysen didn't feel well enough to come. She was quite disappointed when I talked to her on the phone. She wasn't looking forward to being alone. I told her Jorja was going to be there. She had no idea. That made her so happy. She wasn't looking forward to being alone again.

Mike brought the mugs up and I was so excited to give it to them. They were in individual boxes. I picked the first one up and it said Marie on the bottom. I handed it to Marie and she opened it. She said, "It's a cup that says Amy." Hahaha. Okay, the names didn't match what was written on the bottom. I was so happy with the cups. I love them. Sam told me that the cups I picked for her kids were perfect. She likes to joke that Anne's favorite game is Queen Anne. Anne's cup had a crown. I was worried Jeff wouldn't like his cup. It had a lego pattern. What if he didn't like legos? (I haven't been around Matt's kids for a year and a half because of corona, so I was worried I wouldn't be able to pick good ones.) Sam told me that Jeff loves legos and even saved up his money to buy a lego set that is about to be delivered. I wasn't worried about Greg's. He has always loved balls. Amy's just called to me. I didn't know why. It was ladybugs. Sam pointed out that her blanket she always sleeps with is ladybugs. Haha! I had forgotten! No wonder why that one seemed to fit her! Kaylee's is just simple, but I should have found a mountain goat one. That girl climbs on everything! I think Brett's kids worked out well too. I knew Marie loves Paris, so I got a cute one with an Eiffel Tower pattern. Mina had designed hers last year. She even told me on the phone about it a year ago. Luckily that pattern was saved on my account and I was able to use the same one. Grace loves dragons and Eve is such a dainty princess girl. I think they turned out perfect and I love seeing them hanging up at the cabin. I'll take a picture for tomorrow. I just love it.
Eve, Mina holding Amy, Rachel painting Amy's nails, Jeff watching
Attmepts at a cup family picture
Greg, Kaylee, Jeff, Amy, Anne
The little kids loved playing with Bear Dog. He is a favorite.
Eve & Bear
I played three games of Dominion today and won all three. I'm happy with that record. One game we played in the afternoon. We tried to get people together, but it didn't work out and we did all the cake things. We tried again. Brett wasn't able to play, so we just played with three. Right after we finished Mike texted and asked what we were doing. I told him we just finished playing Dominion. He asked if we played with cards or online. I told him online. He asked why we didn't ask him to play. Oh my gosh! That would have been perfect, why did I not think of that? That is the entire point of playing online. Mike had just been bored waiting for Stockton to finish at the temple. Whoops. I felt so bad. Other than that the rest of the day was great. I love being here with my family!

No comments: