Saturday, July 17, 2021

Mugs

The missionaries came over today. Glad we can have them in our homes again! I worked on my lesson a lot and procrastinated a lot. Right before I went to bed I decided I wanted to get mugs for Brett and Matt's kids. They are going to be at the cabin next week. My Christmas present was going to be getting mugs for all my brother's kids. We had mugs like this growing up and I thought it would be cool for them to have it too. I wanted to give them the opportunity to design the mugs like we did. Except they didn't want to do my mugs. The kids designed mugs from another company and they were adorable. Just not sustainable. One of them got ruined right away with water damage. I was disappointed in myself. I thought I should have just surprised them with the mugs, that way they wouldn't know how expensive they were. (They are not terribly expensive, but it does get pricy when you are buying a ton.) I don't think my family realized that this was my Christmas present. Anyways, I still really want what I originally wanted. I decided to sit down and make them myself. I didn't have much time to spend on it. I think it was 10:00 at night when I started and I wanted to order them before bed. I ordered two families this time and later I will get the other ones. Anyway, I struggled with some of them. Like Anne's. And Grace's. Here are a few that we didn't go with.
We ended up getting the lego cup for Jeff. Hope he likes legos! It's weird that I haven't been around Matt's kids for so long! I liked this cup, but I didn't like the font of the big J. This is what it originally looked like.

Maysen didn't like how the curve of the J touched the line.
Preston thought the J looked like the U of U logo. Can't have that! Haha
What if I did a font like this! What the heck?
Anyway, these are the final cups I ordered. I hope they like them! I ordered cups for Brett and Matt's families. I also got one for Stockton. He doesn't know yet. I can't wait to show him. I like how his cup turned out.

No comments: