Thursday, July 29, 2021

Fun and Disappointing

I love these mugs. I like how they all are similar, but all are unique. I love how their name shows in the perfect place. I love that they are plastic and light so they are perfect for the kids. Here are a few of the cups hung up.
My dad made crepes this morning. Delicious. The kids were so cute reading Calvin and Hobbs this morning. Anne was reading it out loud and it was adorable.
Mina, Grace, Matt, Anne, Stephanie, Jeff 
We spent the day on the lake. It was a lot of fun, and also disappointing. There were a lot of kids. Stockton and Preston were so great. They took the kids around on a jet ski. The kids loved it. Stockton had each of them pick their favorite song and he would blast it as they rode. Mike got his boat into the lake and was calling out to Brett about how to hook the tube on. We had never started the tube this close to the shore and were unprepared for how fast the rope could get sucked in. Right as Mike took off in his boat that happened. At first we thought we could get the rope untangled, but we couldn't. Brett spent so long working on it. Mike brought the boat back and helped. I held the boat on the dock and we thought it would be fast. It wasn't. Finally Mike brought the boat back and took the jet ski back to the parking lot. Jet ski was done for the day. The most disappointing thing was my dad didn't get to ride in the boat. He was in it for a few minutes before Mike had to come back. My dad and Brett worked on the jet ski while Mike took some kids around. Once Mike got back it was time for my dad to leave to go back to Utah. He took Stockton and Preston back to the cabin on his way. Mike took another load on the boat. I was in it with Brett and a few of the girls. Bear was also with us. (Bear was great the entire day. I'm glad we brought him.) Matt played with Jeff and Greg on the tube at the shore. Rachel had come back with Eve and rode the kayak. Even though it was disappointing that we lost the jet ski, we still had a great time.
Stockton & Preston 
Broken jet ski... Matt, Marie, Brett, Preston
Grace, Amy, Anne in the boat
Grace
Jeff
Mina, Preston, Marie ~ they played on this for a LONG time
Brett working on the jet ski with Greg supervising
Eve, Anne, Rachel, Grace, Marie
Sam made delicious enchiladas. I was very glad I had Bear at the lake with me. She had all these enchiladas laid out on the table as she was working on them. It would have been so hard to do with Bear. The rest of the night was spent playing games with the Olympics in the background. This trip is going way too fast.

No comments: