Saturday, July 24, 2021

MTC in Parrydise

We had crepes this morning and then spent a good six hours out on the lake. We had Steve's boat and Mike's jet ski. We had the tube behind the jet ski. Mike, Preston, Brandon and Jacob spent a lot of time on the tube/jet ski. We took turns surfing. I took a lot of pictures of Jorja. My family only spends one day a year with a motorboat traditionally, so we do not have the experience the cousins have. Jorja got lots of time to work on the surfer. She did great and had a lot of fun.
Jorja
Mike & Jorja
Jorja
Brothers ~ Mike & Steve
Looks like Brandon and Jacob threw Stockton and Preston
Preston
Stockton and Preston
Jorja had to go back earlier to do homework. She has an essay due. Her finals week is next week, so she has a lot of big things coming up. She has worked so, so hard this summer semester. I am incredibly proud of her. Mike and I took her back on the jet ski. She rode the tube. Mike dropped both of us off while I drove Jorja back. Mike drove the jet ski back to the boat, but it doesn't work with the tube behind very well. Mike tried lifting the rope up higher, but it ended up breaking something off of the jet ski. Rip. It was a handle the person riding backwards could hold. Mike says it is meant to break off and be replaced instead of doing big damage to the jet ski, so I guess that is good. Once I got back on the boat Mike and I both got the opportunity to surf. That was fun. The water wasn't to cold at all.

While the rest of us were on the lake, Weston was doing cabin MTC. He had zoom classes all day long. It is fun to listen to him speak Spanish and interact with the other missionaries. He is doing so well!
Elder Weston Smith
Steve, Shannon, Jorja and I played Trek to Zion tonight. Steve ended up winning. My long road got blocked by a measly two point wagon. Oh well, apparently I blocked Jorja's long train within the first five turns. Whoops. 

No comments: