Saturday, July 31, 2021

Eve is SIX!

Today was a looooooong day. It was a lot of fun though. It was Eve's birthday. Rachel made pancakes for everyone. We did the whole birthday stuff first thing in the morning. Eve loved it. She is adorable.
Eve 
Anne & Eve
Greg, Grace, Marie, Mina, Anne, Eve, Jeff
Eve with her own tub of cotton candy (Jeff next to her)
Eve ~ I gave her this shirt. Look how adorable she is.
Eve & Anne
Eve
Early this morning, before breakfast, Mike went to the lake. He wanted to spend some time sailing. He was able to get an hour with good wind. He loved it. Brett, Rachel, Mina and Marie took the jet ski down to the dock at Blowout. That is about ten minutes away. The rest of us went to the beach by the cabin. Matt and I both took a load of kids. I went back and Stockton and Preston took the rest of the kids down. I walked down to the beach with Bear. I was wondering how he would do crossing the street, but he did great. He had such a fun time, I'm glad we were able to get him down there. Especially since Sam wasn't feeling well and she stayed behind with Kaylee. I think it was nice for her to have an empty cabin with no dog.

Brett and Rachel rode the jet ski over here and Mike brought his boat and anchored it nearby. It took me awhile to get to the beach because I was walking with a dog and Mud showed up right as I was leaving. I played fetch with the dogs while I walked to the parking lot by our cabin. Then I told Mud to stay as I climbed through the gate with Bear. I can't believe he didn't follow us! It took about 15 minutes to get down the beach. When we were far enough on the path where I knew Bear wouldn't run up to the highway, I took off his leash. We walked and walked until I heard Mike call, "Bear dog! It's Bear dog!" Bear took off running to him. He was so excited. The beach was suuuuuuper muddy. Amy loved it. She was covered from head to toe in mud. Stockton and Preston were on the jet ski waiting for passengers for the tube when Bear hopped on. What the? He is such a scaredy dog. No chance he realized it could move. Stockton couldn't miss that opportunity. He yelled, "Someone film this because it is never going to happen again!" Haha. Preston jumped behind with Bear. I think Mike drove while Stockton filmed. Bear did not like it and finally jumped in the lake. His fear of the moving tube was greater than his fear of the water. He swam to shore. What a brave Bear Dog.
Bear, Stockton, Preston
Bear & Preston
We played at the beach for hours. It was a lot of fun. Brett and Mina were kayaking when Bear climbed onto their kayak! I think he just wanted to be out of the water and mud. Mina took him around and was out there when Mike got back from adding gas to the jet skis.
Stephanie, Brett, Bear
Bear... what a muddy dog
Mina & Brett
Mina & Bear
Brett, Marie, Stephanie
Mike brought Bear back is life vest and was able to coax him onto the kayak with him. They paddled out to the boat and he got Bear onboard. I was really happy about that because now I didn't have to walk him back. The 4-wheelers had already gone and there was a bit of time that Preston and I were planning on walking back without shoes. Luckily right before we started Rachel came back with the 4-wheeler. It was perfect. We sent Brett, Rachel, Marie and Mina back on the jet ski and Mike brought his boat back. I drove Stockton and Preston back. It started raining on us on the way back. Glad we were able to get so much time on the water today!

Rachel and I went to the store today. Rachel wanted to get Eve a cake she had been eying. It was adorable and looked just like Eve. Eve really wanted a mermaid cake. Rachel asked the lady if she had any toys they could stick on the cake. They had some mermaid tails. Rachel also found mermaid tail candles. It was perfect and Eve loved it.
Jeff & Eve (and Stockton)
Marie, Eve, Anne
Preston, Brett, Marie, Rachel, Eve, Anne
Marie, Eve
Eve
We spent the rest of the time cleaning the cabin, except for a game of Dominion. We did not leave as early as we wanted to. We left waaaaaayyyyyyy later. We didn't leave until around 10:30 at night. It was a bad idea. I drove one car and Mike drove another. The first hour was fine, but the rest was a struggle. I listened to a book on tape, but don't really remember most of it. Mike and I stopped three different times and walked around. That helped for a bit. I drove pretty slow and caught myself weaving several times. I remember wondering if they would pull me over for drunk driving. It was super dangerous and I'm never going to do that again. We got home at 3:30 in the morning. So glad we both made it!

No comments: