Friday, July 9, 2021

Wrong PDF

Jorja did school most of the day. She was in the middle of a group project when I left. I wish I had left three minutes later because her computer crashed. She had to get her assignment submitted by 11:00. Her group finished their project with a few minutes to spare. Panicked she tried to get Mike to help her, but he was on a meeting with his boss. Jorja was struggling so Mike ended his meeting and helped her figure out her project with my computer. She was able to get it off of google docs but had to submit it as a pdf. Mike showed her how to do that. Jorja went to upload the project and uploaded the wrong one. The non-pdf one, so after taking awhile it said sorry, it can only accept pdfs. Jorja hurried and clicked on the right one this time. The upload for that one started at 10:59, but didn't finish before 11:00 and the assignment closed and she wasn't able to turn it in. 30% of her grade. No big deal. Jorja contacted her teacher right away and explained the problem. The teacher told her she should have started uploading it earlier. (Jorja couldn't because people in her group were still working on the assignment and it was constantly being edited.) The teacher asked her who was in her group and said she would look at their assignments and give her partial credit. All of them have the exact same assignment. Kind of annoying. Seems she cares more about rigid deadlines then if the kids know the material.

The reason I had left is I was meeting Bubs for lunch at Arctic Circle. He was having a dentist appointment and told me he could meet me there after. I got there only to find the dine-in area was closed. I sat in the shade and waited for Bubs. He got there a few minutes later. We talked in the shade and I gave him a birthday present. I got him some deep blue rub for all of his running/reffing and a crepe maker. I think he will love that. Bubs is an excellent cook and likes to try all kinds of things. Glad I was able to see him for a bit.

Ducks
Jorja and Riley took lots of pictures today. They went to a couple of different places, but she only sent me one picture. 

Jorja & Riley

No comments: