Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Belgium Waffle at Midnight

Jorja made scones this morning that were really good. I then took Jorja to Midvale to look at this backpack she wanted. We didn't end up getting it. She has decided on that one, but wants to think about the color. Hopefully she figures out that soon because I want her to take a backpack with her to school. One that will protect her new laptop. On the way home we stopped at Crave. They had a drive thru and we felt we needed to test their cookies. For science.
Jorja
Chocolate chip, Caramel, Frootie Pebble, Twix
I cut them into 6th so everyone could try one
I also had a scorecard where the kids could rank their favorites. Maysen didn't want to have any though. Mike was on a call while we were doing this. When the kids finished I decided to run to the bathroom before I made Mike his plate. Big mistake. While I was in the bathroom I heard some noice. I immediately knew Bear had gotten the cookies. Yep. This is what I found on the floor. Sorry Mike. I think Frootie Pebbles was Bear's favorite.
Mike has been wanting to take the kids to Belgium Waffle at midnight. He has lots of stories. Finding scabs in food. Wax paper still on the burger. Jorja was threatened there and almost beat up. (Both of those stories were with SBOs.) Anyway, Mike thought it would be fun. We went today after Jorja got off work. We got there just before midnight and there was this guy who was obviously on drugs mumbling about how he is trying to steal the bike. He was at a bike with bolt cutters. The cops ended up being called and he got frisked right by our window. About a foot away from where Preston was sitting. The kids were laughing so hard. Belgium Waffle lived up to its reputation.

Coolest thing that happened today though was I won Dominion FIVE times in a row! No one was just phoning it in either. They were great victories. Steve played with us for the last two. Two I came from behind and won by one point. One by trashing my dutchy at the end of the game where it was neck and neck. I got five coins by doing that and was able to buy the last province to win by one. It was great.

No comments: