Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Feels Like Georgia

I got Preston off to school this morning. He has been great at getting up at 6:00 and taking a shower every morning. Considering the last year he stayed in his pajamas and showered a couple times a week this is amazing. Haha. I hurried to the store and bought sunscreen for Jorja. I got home right as she was leaving. Shelby was already there. They are going up to Bear Lake for an ambassador retreat. I'm excited for her. I think she will love it. Today felt like Georgia. I was so lucky to be able to go with Janet and Teresa to breakfast. Janet was in town from Georgia because of Tracy's 40th high school reunion up in Idaho. She stayed for education week. I found out that on Friday Tracy and Janet were jet skiing at Palisade Reservoir. Ahhhh! How funny would it have been if we happened to run into them up there? Teresa was in town from Texas because she drove Weston up to BYU. Anyway, the stars aligned perfectly and we were able to have breakfast together in Orem. On Janet's birthday. How cool is that? The other reason it felt like Georgia was because it rained like it does in Georgia. It was pouring buckets and buckets. I drove so slow and was nervous for Jorja. Luckily she and Shelby made it there just fine. I did love listening to the rain all day though.
Teresa, Stephanie, Janet   
We were talking about how Teresa keeps going lighter and lighter with her hair. I told them that Jorja kept going darker and darker. I texted Jorja and asked her to send me a picture. I got these back. Haha. Love that girl!
Jorja
Teresa is going to help Payton and Kinsie move into their new apartment later today. Their apartment is attached to the place we ate breakfast. TruReligion. Kind of fun!
Mike and Stockton made dinner today. They made omelets in the waffle iron. I just had a lazy rest of the day. Today would have been my mom's 74th birthday. It's crazy that her mom lived 43 years longer than she did. I'm jealous. My dad sent us a message on our family group chat. I loved it. I sure do miss her.

No comments: