Friday, August 6, 2021

Clark Kent

I feel A LOT better today. By this afternoon I was ready to get out and do some errands. I took Preston to find his classes at Alta today. We met his advisory teacher, Coach Webb. I was worried because I had never met her and had no idea what she is like. She was so nice to Preston. I think she will be great. It is so crazy that my baby is about to start high school. I wish he was able to have Jorja here with him. 

Stairwell up to his first class ~ math
Preston
I took this for Jorja. Memories....
We found all of his classes, even his AP Computer Science class that wasn't on the map. We also found his locker, but it isn't working yet. They still have to program the combinations. We left the high school and went to pick up Preston's glasses. He looks so different and so much older with them on. I think he likes them. They are not super strong, so he won't have to wear them all the time, but they will be nice to have. His prescription is -1 in both eyes.
Preston
Alia came down and picked up his truck. Stockton loved seeing him. President Grisel also texted Stockton today. What an amazing text! Val is his son who has just started his mission to South Africa.
In weird news, you can not see the mountains outside. I wish I had taken a picture. We got a call from the school that all outdoor events were cancelled because of the dangerous air quality. Today was supposed to be the first day of football season. The air is so bad because of fires that are in California and Oregon. The smoke has become stuck in the valley. So that's fun.

Jorja went out with friends. She brought them over after awhile and we played Jackbox with them. Ella, Megan and Lily were here. It was a lot of fun. 
Ella, Jorja, Lily, Megan

No comments: