Thursday, August 5, 2021

Shady Facebook Guy

I did not feel well at all today. I don't have a temperature, but I have a cough and feel awful. I kind of feel like I have allergies, but I don't have allergies. Cori was texting me and kind of got me worried. She said Scoop felt like he had allergies before he tested positive five days later, same with Melissa. I thought that if we were going to have to be quarantined I wanted to do it now before the kids needed to leave to college. I also didn't want to ruin Jorja's ambassador retreat. She would be devastated. Stockton came with me to Overstock to get tested. Luckily I was negative. It is nice knowing that. Stockton snapped this picture on the way home. 
We got the news that I was negative and then went straight to the bank. Stockton's mission buddy transferred $6,000 into his account so Stockton could go pick up a truck he had bought. Stockton contacted the guy to ask him when to come and let him know he had the money. Jaye Alia was $500 short. Whoops. He agreed to let Jaye venmo the rest of the money.

I went with Mike and Stockton to pick up the truck. They went to the door. They said the guy was super nice. Turns out Jaye bought a snowplow. Haha. That made Stockton laugh. He is planning on making extra cash in Rexburg with it.
Jaye's truck
We left with the keys and the title. Jaye is planning on picking it up tomorrow. On the way home we drove by my elementary school. Alta View. It has been knocked down and rebuilt. It is huge! Two floors. It looks beautiful. We then drove by my house, the way I would walk home everyday. This was a great place to grow up.
I saw Phil and Kathy outside as we were driving by. They came to our car and chatted with us for a bit. Then we drove by Mike's old elementary school. Sunrise. It is close by but I had never even once driven by it. I spent the rest of the day watching movies/olympics not wanting to move. Super exciting.

No comments: