Monday, August 23, 2021

Dali Crepes

Mike and Bear left early this morning to go to the cabin. There is not a lot of water in the reservoir right now. Mike sent me a picture of the view from the cabin. Later he went and checked out the boat ramp. Doesn't look like he will be able to take the boat out this trip.
Lonely boat ramp

I talked with Jorja for a bit today. She is signed up for 18 credits right now. The plan is for her to take 15 credits. We were waiting until her Step2theU transcript arrived before she decided which class to drop. It looks like her biology class is transferring as a physical science credit, so she still has to take biology. I kind of wanted to wait and see if that was actually the case before she maybe ends up taking biology twice for no reason. I called the registrar's office about it. We had sent Jorja's transcript Monday. Well, turns out the transcript had all four classes on it, but only three grades. Can you guess which grade was not on the transcript? Yep. Biology. Ugh. I reordered the transcript and fingers crossed, Jorja decided to take biology again. (The registrar also told me her class would be a physical science class. Maybe it had more physics or chemistry in it than we realized.) Anyway, after talking with Jorja, she ended up dropping her interpersonal communications class. She was originally planning on dropping public speaking, but several people told her what a great teacher she has and how it is so hard to get into his class. She wants to take biology right now while all the information is fresh in her mind. The downside is both of those classes are online and Jorja thrives on in-person classes. Although all of Step2theU was online this summer and she earned a 4.0. She will still have in person for her ambassador class, Chinese and ping pong. And institute. I think she signed up for one today, but I'm not sure. Pretty good mix. Should be a great year for her. I think she is mostly nervous about Chinese. This is 3rd year Chinese. We will see how much the immersion program prepared her for that. I think she can do it. (I do not know why it is not letting me justify this paragraph, but it is extremely annoying.)

Maysen, Preston and I went out to dinner at a crepe place Jorja told me about. It's called Dali Crepes. It is in South Salt Lake and it was delicious. I got a chicken alfredo crepe and a raspberry land. Maysen got a biscoff-rose crepe and Preston got StrawNana. They were so good! Maysen even loved the chicken crepe! We took half of that one home and split the other half between us. One day I'm going to try one of their breakfast crepes. They look so good!
Dali Crepes 
Raspberry and Chicken Crepe
Preston
Maysen
I helped Preston with math when we got back. By helped I mean I sat by him while he explained what he was doing and everything went over my head. It was a tough assignment. It took him awhile to figure it out. We were up late working on it. I had asked Preston if he had any homework and this is what he pulled out. He said it was a bit late. Already? We can't go down that road again! Turns out it is due in September. Hahaha. I'm so glad he isn't waiting until the final due date this year. He would be absolutely miserable in a few weeks! Preston was so exhausted when he finally fell into bed. Days are getting long now that he is back in society again!

No comments: